Live: Israel ramps up strikes on Gaza after Iran attack
Live Updates
The World Health Organization (WHO) has warned that Lebanon's health system has been severely strained by the Israeli bombing campaign which began last Monday.
The UN agency added that increasing numbers of displaced people are at heightened risk of diseases.
According to a WHO situational report, some 118,466 people have been displaced between 23 and 27 September in Lebanon in the wake of the Israeli aggression.
Germany has begun evacuating nationals fr0m Lebanon, including some non-essential staff, families of embassy workers and German nationals who are medically vulnerable.
In a statement, the government said it would continue supporting others to leave the country.
Despite Germany's embassies in Beirut, Ramallah and Tel Aviv remaining operational, the foreign ministry raised its crisis level for missions in all three cities.
There are currently 1,800 registered German citizens in Lebanon, according to a foreign ministry spokesperson.
Reporting by Reuters
The Israeli army has razed large tracts of land in the town of Barta'a, near Jenin in the occupied West Bank, Wafa news agency is reporting.
Bulldozers razed roughly 20 dunums, nearly five acres, of Palestinian land, the town's mayor Ghassan Qabha said.
The Palestinian Ministry of Agriculture said that farmers may not be able to reach 80,000 dunums of the area planted with olives, potentially incurrng a loss of about 15 percent of production.
The Shin Bet security agency has warned of a "significant rise" in Iranian assassination attempts against targets in Israel.
In a statement, the agency said that it had thwarted several assassination attempts in recent weeks, some in very advanced stages.
The agency said that Iran has been attempting to recruit Israeli civilians to harm senior officials.
The Israeli army has claimed it killed Hezbollah's long-range rocket commander in a strike in Beirut, Haaretz is reporting.
The military described Eid Hassan Nazar as "a veteran commander in the organization and was a central knowledge center in the field of rockets".
It added that it had also killed a commander in the precision missile unit, his deputy and other commanders.
At least 16 people have been killed in Israeli strikes across Gaza today, Al Jazeera is reporting, citing medical sources.
A strike on the house of Wafa Al-Udaini, a Palestinian journalist, in the central city of Deir al-Balah killed Al-Udaini, her husband and two children.
Al-Udaini's death brings the number of journalists killed in Israel's war on the enclave since 7 October to 174.
In northern Gaza, two other Palestinians were killed in another attack.
Six paramedics have been killed in an Israeli strike on a civil defence centre in Sahmar, western Beqaa, Lebanon's Health Ministry is reporting.
“The Ministry of Public Health mourns the brave martyrs and salutes the courage of all Lebanese paramedics who did not hesitate to perform their humanitarian duty despite the threats, intimidation and terror they were subjected to in order to hinder them from their first aid mission,” the ministry said on X.
The ministry announced on Sunday that 14 paramedics had been killed in Lebanon in just two days.
A group of leading Muslim American scholars and imams have signed a letter calling on Muslim voters to spurn Democratic presidential candidate and Vice President Kamala Harris in the upcoming election over US support for Israel's war on Gaza.
The letter comes as polling within the Muslim American community shows a major departure from the Democratic Party over the Biden-Harris administration's unfettered support for Israel's war on Gaza, which they, along with rights groups and legal experts, view as a genocide against Palestinians.
"We want to be absolutely clear: don’t stay home and skip voting. This year, make a statement by voting third party for the presidential ticket," the letter said.
Written and released in collaboration with the Abandon Harris campaign, the letter was signed by more than three dozen religious leaders from all around the country, including Dawud Walid, Dr Shadee Elmasry, Imam Omar Suleiman, Dr Yasir Qadhi and Imam Tom Facchine.
Read more: Leading US imams and scholars urge Muslim voters to snub Kamala Harris over Gaza
The death toll from an Israeli air strike on the southern Lebanese town of Ain al-Delb on Sunday has risen to 45, Lebanon's health ministry said on Monday.
Seventy people were wounded in the "Israeli enemy attack on Ain al-Delb", the ministry statement said, adding that another Israeli strike killed 12 people and wounded 20 others in Bekaa town of Hermel the same day.
An Israeli missile killed Wafa Al-Udaini, a Palestinian journalist mentoring young media professionals in Gaza, on Monday, according to the media office in Gaza. Her death brings the number of journalists killed in Israel's war on the enclave since 7 October to 174.
Al-Udaini’s husband and their two children were also killed in the air strike that hit her house in the central city of Deir al-Balah.
A total of 12 people were killed by Israeli air strikes across the Gaza Strip on Monday.
Lebanese Prime Minister Najib Mikati said the government is ready to an army to the south of the country, as he referred to the UN Resolution 1701 on the rights and obligations of the parties.
The resolution, enacted after the Second Lebanon War in 2006, established a collaborative peacekeeping mission between the UN and the Lebanese Army, aimed at keeping southern Lebanon free of military activity.
More than 41,615 Palestinians have been killed and 96,359 wounded in Israeli attacks on Gaza since October last year, the Palestinian Ministry of Health announced on Monday.
Hezbollah will choose a successor to its slain chief Hassan Nasrallah "at the earliest opportunity" and will continue the fight against Israel, the Lebanese group's deputy chief Naim Qassem said on Monday.
He said the group was continuing its operations, working according to plans already laid out, and described its attacks thus far as the "minimum", adding that the battle could be long.
Qassem also said Hezbollah is ready for any Israeli ground offensive into Lebanon and criticised the US for supporting Israel in committing "massacres" with "limitless support".
In the first address by a senior Hezbollah leader since Nasrallah's death last Friday, Qassem also rejected Israel's claims that 20 Hezbollah members were killed, as he said Nasrallah was killed with only four others including an Iranian commander.
The president of the United Arab Emirates, Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, pledged an urgent relief aid package worth $100m to Lebanon on Monday, the state news agency WAM reported.
Some 100,000 Lebanese and Syrian nationals have now fled to Syria from Lebanon amid Israeli air strikes, the United Nations refugee chief said on Monday.
"The number of people who have crossed into Syria from Lebanon fleeing Israeli air strikes - Lebanese and Syrian nationals - has reached 100,000," Filippo Grandi said on X, adding that "the outflow continues".